The Social Research Association was founded in the UK in 1978 to advance the conduct, development and application of social research.
The Associations principal aims are:
- to provide a forum for discussion and communication about social research activity in all areas of employment
- to encourage the development of social research methodology, standards of work and codes of practice
- to review and monitor the organisation and funding of social research
- to promote the development of training and career structures for social researchers
- to encourage the use of social research for formulating and monitoring social policy.